My Favorite Foods:
- Mom’s mashed potatoes: she whipped them in her mixer, and they were always creamy; served with Mom’s turkey gravy
- Aroz Con Pollo, Mom’s recipe from Puerto Rico: Chicken breasts in rice with green olives and special herbs.
- Mom’s chicken casserole made with rice and green beans, creamy mushroom soup, and topped with cashews
- Kim’s steak: Dr. Kim and his wife made The World’s Best Steak Ever! It had to do with the marinade (their secret), and that it was served so simply in their home.
- Mom’s meatloaf! Yes, even meatloaf! If it’s Mom’s! Hers was a little bit sweet!
- Mom’s Sunday Pot Roast (classic and yumptious!)
- Mom’s creamy egg-salad sandwiches (She usually only made these for car trips.)
- Mom’s oatmeal bread, recipe from More With Less Cookbook; This! is Real bread!
- Mom’s Iced Tea, made from home-grown, fresh-brewed spearmint
- Mom’s Penny Royal Tea (hot)
- Now that I reminisce about great home-cooked food made from scratch, I realize that all my favorites are Mom’s recipes. The only meal I ever enjoyed as much as Mom’s cooking was Kim’s steak dinner.
- Is it too late for me to start cooking? I think I’d like to learn how to make a few of her marvelous meals.
Restaurant Signature Dishes and Deserts
- Bob Evan’s Coleslaw (Mom loved this too; even better than her own)
- Subway’s Tuna Foot-long on Flat-bread with lots of spinach, some green pepper and a little red onion
- Arby’s Jamocha shake (Oh yea!)
- Olive Garden Salad
- Tastee Freeze Butterscotch shake (sadly TF no longer exists!)
- Donato’s veggie pizza
- Vicario’s (of Bellefontaine) sweet sauce (this is The Best Pizza Sauce Ever!)
- Everything at a Turkish restaurant in Columbus: Cafe Istanbul
- Marie’s chocolates (not a restaurant, but HAVE to mention Marie’s! — world’s best)