Words about words!
Words are so cool. They are just little drawings on a page, but they can conjure up so much meaning, so much that matters so deeply to us. Words can also be about other words. Here are a few:
Wikipedia offers a Venn diagram that shows the relationship of these 6 types of words plus a few other types for which we don’t have names. Isn’t that strange?
I’ve been to lovely beaches along the east and west coasts of North America as well as in Puerto Rico and France. The following list is of beaches I have NOT yet been to but like to go because I have heard they are wonderful.
- Bandon Beach, Oregon
- Flamenco Beach, Puerto Rico
- San Beach, Acadia National Park, Maine
- Venice Beach, Los Angeles
- Hampton Beach State Park, New Hampshire
- Panama City Beach, Florida
- Trunk Bay, St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Hanalei Bay, Kauai, Hawaii
- Cannon Beach, Oregon
- Seabrook Island, South Carolina
- Wildcat Beach, California
- Cape Hatteras National Seashore, North Carolina
- Moshup Beach in Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusets
- New Port Beach, Orange County, California
Good foods I can eat as often as I like:
- Oats (I usually have 1/2 to 1 cup a day in a breakfast shake)
- Nuts (I don’t eat these enough because of cost)
- Seeds, especially Flax seed (I eat this as ground meal in my breakfast shake)
- Lentils (I like lentil soup; maybe there are other ways I would like this.)
- Eggs (I usually eat 2 or 3 hard-boiled yokes a day.)
- Tuna (I love tuna-fish! I should let myself have it twice a week!)
- Dark green veggies (I never have enough of these.)
- Avocado (Yum! I need to indulge in these more often!)
- Olives (I have never met an olive I didn’t like! Need more of these!)
- Berries (I should keep my freezer stocked w/ red berries for whenever I can’t get them fresh.)
- Apples (One a day!)
- Grapefruit (When I can get these in season, I should indulge frequently!)
- Bananas (I usually have 1 each day in my breakfast shake.)
Real-Life Feel-Good Stories (from my own life) that I need to tell some day:
- Unknown Skinny Man who pulled me off a burning lawn mower, carried me to the house, kept Mom and I from approaching it when it was about to explode, and then disappeared.
- Black Man & Son in Chicago who threw me over a wall to save me from falling ice-chunks; near where I had been standing a small car was crushed by one, and pieces from it landed where I had been. They too disappeared before I could thank him.
- Voice to “Go Limp!” during car crash, and the folks who cared for me. I was never able to find their house again.
- When I honked ’til awakening a slumped-over driver on the freeway.
- When I helped a lost driver find their way to SB and the Lord protected me.
- When a Black Man & Son came to our apt. door (in M,W) and intervened from another man who had been stalking us.
- When an Encyclopedia Sales-Kid came to C.H. and stayed ’til a stranger in a car left the neighborhood; the car-stranger had been following me on my bike.
- When a dove showed me the way home from a mall in FW.
- When a rotted stump saved my brother’s life.
- The morning God gave me Tangible Joy.
- When God save me from over-dose suicide-attempt.
- Wow. There are so many more! Praise be Jesus; thank You, Lord; I bow to You; Your Mercies are unending.