- He is risen!
- But the story doesn’t end even there: He meets us on the road to Emmaus,
- He offers His wounds for us to touch and see,
- He breaks bread with us,
- He prepares breakfast for us when our catch is slim and our faith wavers,
- He reminds of all that came before & shows us what it means,
- He bids us share the Good News with others,
- He gives us His Spirit,
- and for me, today, He reminds me that He is risen even with scars; His scars don’t disappear, but they don’t shackle Him to the past; His scars give further testimony to how we ourselves are one (body & soul) and we are one w/ Him, He with us.
For I know that my Redeemer lives,
And He shall stand at last on the earth;
And after my skin is destroyed, this I know,
That in my flesh I shall see God,
Whom I shall see for myself,
And my eyes shall behold, and not another.
(Job 19: 25-27)