I made a playlist for my hairdresser! She’s moving to St. Thomas with her husband and children where they’ve dreamed of living for a long time now. I’m so happy for people when they can embrace their bliss! So I made a playlist to help her celebrate this new chapter in her life.
I included a variety of styles, choosing recordings of original artists whenever possible, ordering them to “modulate” from a sense of good-bye to “hello new world”!
- Happy Trails by Roy Rogers and Evans (because it’s just a fun way to say “Bon Voyage!” and to wish you all the best where-ever life takes you!
- Happy by Pharrell Williams (because I heartily affirm your happiness!!!)
- Don’t Worry, Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin (because there might be little worries along the way, but I hope all-in-all you will immerse yourself in your joy!)
- Leaving on a Jet Plane by Peter, Paul, & Mary (because it has fun associations for me from the first time I went on a grand journey!)
- So Long, Farewell by The Von Trapp Children (again, better to say fare-thee-well with a sense of fun and festivity than to think too much about the sorrows of parting.)
- When You Wish Upon A Star by Linda Ronstadt (You’ve had beautiful dreams, and now you’re making them a reality! Yea!)
- La Mer by Charles Trenet (because it’s about the Sea! — and because I love this song!)
- Mambo No. 5 by Perez Prado (Encouraging you to dance on the beach!)
- Beyond the Sea by Bobby Darin (now in English — because I love this song!!!)
- Take Five by The Dave Brubeck Quartet (What better way to take a break?!)
- Blue Bossa by Joe Henderson (Blue for the ocean, Bossa for the tropics.)
- St. Thomas by Sonny Rollins (Blessings to you in your new home!!!)
Here’s a link to the playlist:
It’s called Happy Trails, Rhiannon!