via Daily Prompt: Wonder
- Wondering, wandering, wishing I could see
- On a clear day farther, furthering my sense of how I can be
- Nearing and naming my divine destiny,
- Dreaming and daring to hope, to believe
- Everything good will endure eternally,
- Remembering my Redeemer I rest in peace.
Blessed be the Lord’s Holy Name forever.
My Favorite Things (Besides God, family, and myself!)
- Music: Especially classical piano solo; most especially Chopin, Beethoven, Schubert, Bach, Scarlatti, Mozart, Brahms
- Books: Especially British and Russian Literature; most especially Tolstoy
- Coffee: hot/cold, black/altered, pure/flavored, any way you want to fix it; especially hot, black, dark roast
- Scripture: Old and New Judeo/Christian scriptures, especially Genesis, the Psalms, Isaiah, Hosea, the Gospels, select verses, and Revelation
- Sleep: especially in my own bed, in the dark, with absolute silence
- Trees: especially hard-wood forests
- Flowers: all!
- Ocean: especially the Atlantic
- Writing: lists, my thoughts, processing ideas, letters
- Pens: especially short and fat, heavy, metal ones
- Journals and great quality paper
- Color! Especially tertiary colors and “colors” that waver between two or three colors or shades or hues
Things I can’t stand:
- Cruelty: actual or implied, to humans or animals or anything conceptualized as being able to suffer
- Noise: meaningless sound, any sound that is too loud, any sound whose purpose is simply to fill up silence
- Bullying: whether bullying a child or an adult, I can’t stand bullying behavior
- Lies, deceit, deception, cheating, dishonesty, profiting from wrong-doing or untruth — intended or not
- Evil in any form
- Intentional killing of any human-being for any reason
How I respond to things I can’t stand but can’t change:
- Pray for God’s intercession
- Pray for revelation and/or discernment of what I CAN do
- Do at least one positive thing in response no matter how small, because there is ALWAYS a positive option
- Persist in faith, hope, and love.